Am left with an uplifted feeling of faith in humanity.
that is all. 8|
I give props to Anne Hathaway doing the first two Princess Diaries audiobooks. It would be strange if it were anybody else.
I also love that Neil Gaiman does his own audiobooks. He has a perfect story-telling voice. But Neil Gaiman is a natural-born storyteller so that is to be expected.
I don't think I could do my own audiobooks. I love reading aloud but I couldn't say for sure how I'd sound.
Also, am I the only person who constantly looks back on everything I write and am concerned by how many times I say "I"?
As I'm talking from my point of view I guess I don't have a choice, but if I tried to count every time I use that letter, I think I'd be disgusted with myself.
In other news, Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett, the geniuses behind Gorillaz, have formed a new project called Monkey. It's mostly instrumental and is constructed of very old-fashion Asian music and sound effects. The songs are very bizarre and dreamy and nothing like Gorillaz, but I give them props for originality and trying something new. I do like some of the songs.
1. Moan - Trentemøller (http://www.box.net/shared/clsnmzdtv5)
2. Don't Cry Out - Shiny Toy Guns (http://www.box.net/shared/1p57fcjsgl)
3. Ur So Gay - Katy Perry (http://www.box.net/shared/upiyy6gle7)
4. Golden Skans - Klaxons (http://www.box.net/shared/6c6gz1j67n)
5. Calabria 2007 - Enur (http://www.box.net/shared/y0im5kn8or)
6. Take Five - Dave Brubeck (http://www.box.net/shared/z0nfx8ycyk)
7. I Won't Say I'm in Love - Hercules (http://www.box.net/shared/i56l7g50yn)
9. Rock is Dead - Marilyn Manson (http://www.box.net/shared/viqfp0q0df)
10. Ooh La La - Stereophonics (http://www.box.net/shared/aud3gvm0mf)
1. Mushaboom - Feist
2. Congratulations - Blue October feat. Imogen Heap
3. Careful Where You Stand - Coldplay
4. You Don't Know Me - Ben Folds feat. Regina Spektor
5. With or Without You - Keane
6. Smile - Robert Downey Jr.
7. Toxic - Tristan Prettyman
8. All I Want is You - Tristan Prettyman
9. Flowers in the Window - Travis
10. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
11. Warning Sign - Coldplay
12. Book of Days - Enya
13. Samson - Regina Spektor
14. Somewhere a Clock is Ticking - Snow Patrol
15. Speeding Cars - Imogen Heap
My life in a nutshell?
Well, for starters, I'm getting ready to color my hair again, thank god. Brown just continues to bore me day to day. No offence to people with brown hair, it looks amazing on some people. But on me it's just getting dull (literally. the dye is fading.)
I'm reverting to my cherished fire-engine red, but I'm putting some teal on the bottom layer. (see colors in icon.)
Certainly an adventure, no? It'll be interesting at least.
I made my coffee this morning and accidentally put in one spoon too many coffee grounds. So it was decidedly bitter. And upon finding I have not the patience to make it again, I betrayed the gods and did something that might actually send me to hell: I made instant coffee.
Instant ARTIFICIAL coffee. I'm pretty sure there's nothing actually even remotely resembling coffee in this strange concoction.
Aaaaand there is something in our water. I'm not even kidding. There are little flecks of something in our water. I'm disturbed and disgusted. I really hope I don't like, get lead poisoning or dieeeeeeeeee25490346isdjglza;
Just kidding. I hope.